We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We have a exciting opportunity for a Apprentice Software Developer to join our growing IT team. The role will include completion of a Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship.
The role can be based from home, any of our 6 sites or a hybrid approach can be taken.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Carry out software development to meet the requirements of the business.
- Fulfil the learning requirements for the Apprenticeship qualification.
- Support change management projects.
- Follow coding best practice and quality standards.
- Continually document software as it is delivered
- Collaborate with BAs and business stakeholders to assist in system design.
- Take part in sprint planning and other team project management activities.
- Work closely with QAs to identify, track, and resolve issues.
- Meet all deadlines in relation to the apprenticeship qualification.
- Seek out guidance and feedback at every opportunity, to allow the best possible results.
- Ensure regular progress discussions with line manager and tutor.
- Develop your knowledge and capabilities to undertake the role.
- Assist and participate in IT and other departmental specialist projects where requested.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Experience developing software in at least one programming language.
- GCSE grade 4/C in English and Maths.
- A Level 3 Qualification.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete a Level 4 Qualification. Your college work will mean attending online learning and the learning aspect will occupy 20% of your employed time with the rest spent learning on the job and supporting the team.