Multimatic EU-Matic is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Coventry, United Kingdom. It is Multimatic’s European base for mechanisms production, supplying automotive customers with competitive, high-quality hinges and door checks.
The Program manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a successful program from development to launch, including timing, engineering, testing, quality and profitability. Lead & Coordinate the program activities.
- Champion the quoting process for prototype and production quotes & timing.
- Completes the Team Feasibility Commitment / Risk
- Develop and maintain program budgets.
- Collects /reviews and understands program information from customers and MPS.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a program time line.
- Champion of ‘design for manufacturing’ & Provides on going design input for conducting manufacturing feasibility and Customer requirements.
- Coordinates all aspects of prototype related activities.
- Manages and follows up on all new program testing, both internally & externally
- Provide information for input into the preliminary bill of materials
- Coordinates purchased components kick off and approval
- Oversee kick off and approval of new/modified tooling / gauges check fixtures. (Must be present for all die trials.)
- Must participate in the specification, sourcing and negotiations of assembly and tooling contracts for program along with Process Engineering.
- Coordinate the approval of tooling/line equipment for payment. (Must be present for Assembly equipment in house trials.)
- Arrange & authorize packaging development with process engineering.
- Conducts program milestone reviews, tracks open issues and reports the status along with corrective actions to the GM and VP on a monthly basis through Launch Readiness Reviews.
- Review and approve International Material Data System – IMDS submissions
- Coordinates and reviews all Process sign-off.
- Interface with Quality Department and oversees the preparation of PPAP documentation and review submissions.
- Initiates and coordinates all new program release and engineering changes per the production ECN system.
- Must ensure the containment of new processes and parts until production is stabilized and there are no customer issues
- Complete production Layer Process Audits – LPA’s.
- Must be involved in DFMEA, PMFEA, DVP&R, FEA, Product drawings, Identification of key characteristics, control plan and design review processes.
- Communicate APQP information to customers, suppliers, sales and plant personnel.
- Customer interface for Project Engineering, Design Engineering, and Purchasing).
- Track and control development costs (FSS)
- Track and control product costs, tooling costs and capital costs.
- Actively drive Value Added / Value Engineering (VA/VE) activities and savings.
- Responsible for all deliverables. Track status of “Program Deliverables” and reconcile with cost during the life of the Program.
- Must have Engineering and or Tool & Die Maker degree, diploma or equivalent experience / background.
- Minimum 3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and fully interpret Engineering Drawings and Standards (Applicable GD&T knowledge preferred).
- Intermediate computer skills in Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Microsoft Project, Internet, Flowcharts, and an understanding of Databases, MRP and CAD, software.
- High level of organizational skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interact with outside customers, suppliers, and all levels of employees internally, within a multicultural environment.
- Understanding of IATF16949 requirements and procedures would be an asset