Who are we?
We’re the biggest name in Europe’s vehicle remarketing industry, selling 1.3m vehicles per annum, across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert and professional.
Salary: £16.52 per hour + benefits
Location: Chipping Warden
Working Hours: 4 on 4 of (06:00 - 18:00)
Main purpose of the job:
Within this role, you will be working as a part of an experienced workshop team, ensuring our vehicles are finished to the highest standard for our customers, under the support and guidance of the supervisor and Workshop Manager.
- Carry out general servicing of vehicles
- Undertake general tyre changing duties for a variety of vehicles
- Undertake road and ramp testing and inspection as and when required
- Carry out all repairs in line with approved methods to restore the vehicle to its original condition
- Diagnose problems on vehicles in the workshop and if needed undertake electrical diagnosis on vehicles
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a similar role as a Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
- Qualified to City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 (essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- You will need to work independently on vehicles and have experience to make decisions when required
Why choose BCA?
- Onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care scheme
- Access to BCA Rewards which provides online and store discounts with a range of retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training/apprenticeship offering
- Deals on new cars
We try to make working for BCA rewarding in every sense, including a positive work environment, training and development opportunities as well as exciting career options. If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.