Bodyshop General Manager
Salary: up to £46,350 depending on skills and experience, with company car and benefits.
The job of a Bodyshop General Manager
The role of our Bodyshop Managers and their leadership abilities are critical in driving our Group forward. Yes, our Bodyshop Managers are required to generate impressive results, they are responsible for the growth and development of the business and will be challenged to exceed profit targets, grow the business, and achieve high customer satisfaction levels, however, they are expected to deliver this through their team by setting the vision, maintain their focus, driving the result, and developing their people in an atmosphere of trust.
Our Bodyshop Managers are expected to be the best in the industry and as a successful and growing business we make no apologies for being highly selective in the calibre of new Managers joining our business.
The Bodyshop Manager oversees the whole site and is responsible for maximising profitability and achieving the operational business plan. The role holder must also take responsibility for effectively controlling and maintaining resources, including stocks and equipment, and minimising the risk of financial loss to the company. They will be required to lead and develop their team to create a motivational working environment, aid colleague retention, encourage continuous improvement and promote enhanced performance in colleagues with the ultimate aim to achieving an outstanding customer experience.
What you will be doing
Our Bodyshops are fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Bodyshop Manager you will be engaging with your team on a continuous basis to ensure customer focus, performance and managing team objectives. You will ensure that Customer Service is a key priority in your business and will personally monitor and manage all complaints to ensure they are resolved quickly and fairly. Another aspect of this role is to ensure all housekeeping and Health & Safety regulations/policies are adhered to. You will prepare accurate data and statistics in line with weekly and monthly reporting requirements and contributing to regional meetings helping identify and promote new business opportunities.
Cambridge is a medium sized site with 18 colleagues, with c100 units going through the Bodyshop per month, it is located near to the A14 so an ideal location to develop further opportunities for the site.
What we think good looks like
As a Bodyshop Manager we would like you to have an interest and passion in what we do. With a professional appearance we would also appreciate it if you had exemplary leadership skills excellent job knowledge within the accident repair industry and be highly motivated. Naturally, due to the nature of the job you should be qualified to NVQ Level 3, or equivalent, in LVG and will need to have a full UK/EU Driving Licence as well as experience in the accident repair environment. We will help and support you with the rest.
Why choose FMG RS?
Of course, we offer a fantastic basic salary, but there’s much more to being a Bodyshop Manager at FMG RS than just that. Some of our most popular benefits include (but aren’t limited to) …
• fantastic bonus schemes
• free life assurance
• well-being services (incl. Health Cash Plan, Dental Plan & Travel Insurance)
• discounted, flexible Gym memberships
• exclusive employee vehicle-leasing schemes
• pension & save-as-you-earn share scheme
• Our Benefits App offering unlimited access to a huge range of retailer discounts and cashback deals (incl. Tesco, Asda, Currys, B&Q & Wickes to name just a few)
We’re going places …
• We’re a key part of one of the UK’s largest Automotive plc’s, Redde Northgate – few other businesses can offer you the volume, variety and long-term security as us;
• We invest in you – We believe everyone should have the opportunity to better themselves and look to progress, not just within FMG RS but the wider Redde Northgate Group;
• We’re growing – it’s an exciting time for the industry and we’re committed to being at the cutting edge, investing in everything from our EV capabilities, our workshops to our Training Centres;
Join the FMG RS family
With the best people in the industry within our Group, we really believe that no one else can do what we do as well as us. So what are you waiting for?