We have an exciting opportunity for a Car Transporter Driver to join our fleet based out of our Farnborough Site.
It Fleet Automotive is built on experience gained through managing the used car programmes of several major manufacturers. The IT Fleet Automotive management team has over 120 years combined industry experience covering transport, vehicle refurbishment, fleet management and auction sales. Through organic growth and acquisition, the company has become one of the UK’s leading automotive service providers.
The role holder is responsible for the appraising/inspecting, loading, driving and delivery of customer owned motor vehicles to dealer outlets, auctions, refurbishment centres and other commercial locations in a safe, compliant and timely manner. You will be based from our Rockingham site so it would beneficial to be living within close travelling distance.
This role will be predominantly Monday to Friday, but will include some weekends where required.
You will however benefit from our internal Inspection/tablet and Fleet Plus training, also full winch and loading training.
* In conjunction with the Transport Allocator, plan the delivery of the load in the most efficient manner, maximising delivery opportunities
* Undertake an effective appraisal and inspection of every vehicle and upload to the Fleet Plus system
* Report all vehicle damage accurately and immediately to the Transport Manager
* Load each motor vehicle in accordance with procedures, ensuing they are secured safely
* Avoid damage to vehicles, car transporter, customer and public property
* Undertake a full vehicle daily defect check of the transporter before every movement and record accordingly. Raise any vehicle defects immediately to the Transport Manager.
* Abide by the regulations relating to tachograph, driver hours and Working Time Regulations
* Drive safely and professionally with due care and attention to other road users, abiding by the Highway Code/Road Traffic Act.
* Keep all documentation legible, paying attention to detail
* Display a positive attitude towards your work, behave professionally and maintain a clean and tidy image.
Please call Jenny on the IT Fleet Recruitment Team for more information Tel: (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.