You must hold a valid HIAB qualification + Class 2 Licence
Our HGV Drivers do more than a ‘driving job’. It’s about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation. You are the ‘face’ of our business, not just our delivery driver.
It’s all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and our business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Contracts Operation Manager and Loader, that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with the customer and/or Contracts Operation Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Contract Operation Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Contract Operations Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required, from time to time, in line with the needs of the business.
- Class 2 Licence (C)
- Digi Card
- Current CPC
- High levels of Health and Safety standards.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility with shift times
- 2+ years HGV Driving experience
- Previous experience of HIAB/crane experience desirable but not essential