Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo's Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and conscientious Commercial Vehicle Technician to join the Aftermarket Department at our Deeside site working a 4 on 4 off day shift pattern from 6am to 6pm.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles/trailers of all types, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work;
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by your manager.
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification to NVQ level 3, preferably in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles, experience of working on Commercial Vehicles is required;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence is preferred but not essential;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.
- We offer class leading rates of pay
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Loyalty holidays.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.