Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Milton Hall in Cambridge (UK). You will be responsible for the Control Systems Engineering for our active & adaptive suspension, active aero and powered-door solutions. You will be part of a highly capable team split between Cambridge (UK) and Toronto (Canada) with customers spread across the globe.
We need someone who is happy to work with others, is able to communicate well and most importantly embraces our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring we deliver excellent solutions to our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research and develop controls algorithms for our systems
- Design, develop and maintain controls algorithms and software functions for our systems
- Work with clients, systems engineers, and colleagues to define component requirements for some applications that are fresh implementations to the automotive industry
- Develop and maintain library blocks enabling us to re-use our IP across multiple products
- Modelling of mechanical and electrical components, as well model validation
- Define and manage SIL, VIL, and DIL (state of the art test equipment) testing
- Work with the mechanical and electrical teams to test and validate the systems on vehicles
- Work within a team in an agile manner allowing for flexibility and self-management to complete tasks
- University degree or equivalent in Control Engineering, Applied Physics, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Highly experienced in MatLab, Simulink and Stateflow
- Experience in MIL and SIL testing
- Understanding of Floating point and Fixed point arithmetic
- Hands on mechanical experience and understanding of vehicles is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with ASPICE and ISO26262 systems and processes
- Experience developing controls algorithms and software architectures, with vehicle testing
- Experience with software DFMEAs and requirements generation
- Working knowledge of Vector toolset – CANape, CANoe, CANalyzer
- Working knowledge of dSPACE tools
- Exposure to CANdela studio, Davinci Developer and Configurator