General Manager - Toyota Guildford
We have a rare opportunity for a driven and experienced General Manager / Head of Business in one of our prestigious sites based in Guildford. Reporting into one of our Franchise Directors, the successful candidate will be accountable for leading the business by maximising the centres full potential on all revenue streams, being the leader in customer experience and building strong and sustainable OEM relationships. You will be a role model for your people who consistently demonstrate positive behaviours and build an enabling environment for your team to succeed, leverage all knowledge and experience to have a successful impact on the business and wider Head of Business population.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a strategy to increase revenue and profit in all areas of the business in accordance with the growth plan
- Formulating retailer policies in compliance with legal and Brand Partner standards, establishing an efficient risk assessment/plan to pass internal/external audits first time every time
- Ensuring all management and employees are committed to customer satisfaction and process excellence
- Leading your people through demonstrating key behaviours, holding those accountable to the company values, incorporating impactful and skilled monthly reviews, team briefs and performance management practices.
- Controlling the sites cash flow, stocks and assets to achieve a satisfactory return on investment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a similar role preferably working with a prestigious brand.
- Strong leadership capability, able to communicate a vision and gain buy in and commitment from the team, strong at developing and coaching others and creating an empowering culture.
- Passion for the customer, and enjoy interacting with them one to one and ensuring an unforgettable experience
- Curiosity, showing an interest in innovations in the external market and competitor landscape, having a passion for cars and learning more about the automotive industry
- A Commercial mind-set, with an entrepreneurial spirit, owning and influencing your P&L, whilst understanding the constraints and requirements of a Plc Corporate environment.
- The ability to engage and build rapport with individuals at all levels, being able to influence others.
- A modern outlook, keeping up to date with modern technology, keeping abreast of changing consumer expectations.
- Possessing a full EU driving licence
We are all about rewarding hard work at Inchcape; you’ll receive a competitive basic salary with a generous bonus scheme.
- Company Car – one of the best perks of this role is the unique car scheme that allows you to drive a wide range of vehicles for a fantastic price.
- Performance Share Plan – At Inchcape we reward hard work, in this role you will have the opportunity to reap the rewards when we perform well as an organisation.
- Healthcare Plan – You are eligible to join the plan that covers the costs of a wide range of private medical treatments for you and your family at a great price
- A pension that pays – Our flexible pension scheme gives you the freedom to plan for the future in a way that suits you. Choose exactly how much you want to contribute on a monthly basis
- Vehicle purchase discount – There are plenty ways that you can Drive with Us at Inchcape, from vehicle discounts to service offers. You and your family can own your dream car less
- Life Assurance – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Save as you earn plan- reap the rewards of Inchcape’s success and effortlessly grow your savings. Save every month for a set period in order to buy Inchcape shares at a discounted price
- Employee Discounts with the Showroom – make your salary go further with the discounts and cashback offers available at over 1000 retailers.
- Discount Gym membership – keep fit with our big brand gym & fitness offers
- Cycle to work scheme – get a new bike, equipment or both at a discounted price
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take employee wellbeing seriously at Inchcape, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday