Scania has embarked on a transformation journey that will deliver a new operating model, processes and technology landscape to enable the business to achieve its global brand position of, ‘Driving the shift to a sustainable transport solution’ through electrification and renewable fuels.
The Business Change team provides dedicated support to business change across the organisation to deliver on our short and long term strategic plans. The team play a key role in helping Scania become more adaptive and resilient for its future. The Head of Business Change will drive the transformation of our processes to achieve improved performance and alignment. They will be responsible for taking the business on a journey to embed efficiencies and lean methodologies.
- Working with all departments across the business and Senior Managers, you will be responsible for business analysis, identifying improvement opportunities and leadings cross-functional teams to deliver change.
- To manage and resource the pipeline of work aligned with Scania’s project portfolio framework
- To lead and develop the team’s approach ensuring quality delivery with continuous improvement ensuring there is clear and agreed scope
- To deliver improvement in collaboration with business partners, with measurable benefits, ensuring successful delivery
- To establish a respected and trusted centre of excellence for business improvement and change
- Experienced business improvement and change professional with a deep understanding of applying theory and hands-on experience of process and performance methodologies and techniques
- Extensive, demonstrable experience of successfully leading teams, coaching and motivating others in the delivery of business change in a large organisation
- Stakeholder management, executive influencing and strong communication skills
- Pragmatic and impact-focused approach to business change and performance improvement with a logical and analytical approach to problem-solving at pace
- Proactive and responsive to changing business needs
- An ambassador for the Scania Core Values, Customer First, Respect for the individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit, and Integrity in all we do
- Fluent in English
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.