HGV Class 1 & 2 Car Transporter Drivers
Days, no nights out!
Monday - Friday average around 48 hours per week
£35,000 - £42,000kpa
JX Recruitment are currently seeking HGV Class 1 or 2 Car Transporter Drivers for our client, a very well known, leading & established motor auction company based in Newbury (RG19). This is a full time, permanent role working Monday - Friday with average start times of 06:00am - 07:00am. No weekends or bank holidays!
Car transporter experience is desirable but not essential. The company will welcome newly passed HGV drivers and offer all the support & training you need to help you carry out your duties.
You will be responsible for the collection and delivery of (predominantly accident damaged) cars, vans, LGVs and other vehicles on behalf of insurance and automotive customers to industry leading service levels, across 15 geographically dispersed UK facilities. The significant majority of these movements are undertaken through a fleet of wholly owned designed salvage transporters and employed drivers, supplemented by a network of subhaul operators.
Main roles & responsibilities,
- To provide excellent customer service at all times
- To carry out daily physical checks of truck and equipment reporting any faults to immediate superior or General Manager
- To drive vehicle within mandatory speed limits
- To operate tachograph equipment in line with current drivers hours and records legislation
- To work within current WTD regulations
- To complete documentation and paperwork in line with Company policy
- To carry out a thorough inspection of all vehicles collected and delivered, noting damage and deficiencies as necessary
- To carry an inventory of personal effects not willingly retained at the collection point, listing items found on the appropriate collection document
- To issue correctly completed company cheques for storage and recovery charges obtaining a ‘paid/signed’ invoice
- To accurately append the company’s allocated lot number prominently to the front of each collected vehicle in-line with Company operating standards
- To operate vehicle and loading equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- To keep truck and equipment in a clean and tidy condition
- To accurately record daily work details and submit Trip Confirmed
- To observe and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy
- To ensure all provided personal protective clothing are kept clean and tidy and report any damages and personal requirements to your immediate superior or General Manager
- Such other duties requested by your line manager
What are we looking for?
- A valid UK HGV Class 1 (CE) or Class 2 (C) driving license
- Valid CPC & Digi Taco Card
- Positive, can-do attitude with a sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
- Smart appearance as you will be customer facing
What can we offer?
- A competitive & achievable annual salary
- Full training & support to help you carry out your duties
- Full PPE supply
- 28 days holiday including statutory holidays
- Free in-house CPC training (once employed)
- Workplace pension auto-enrolment after 3 months (optional)
- Auto enrolment into health benefits package from day 1 of employment
- Life assurance benefit (x2 the salary)
Interested? Apply today with an up-to-date CV!
This really is a great opportunity to join a great company who values their staff and recognises hard work. The company also offers the opportunity to upskill from your Class 2 to Class 1! (Qualifying criteria to be met).
JX Recruitment Ltd are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.