Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo's Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, professional, and versatile individual to join Thomas Hardie Vehicle Solutions at the Accident Repair Centre in Chorley working an alternating early and late shift pattern:
Week 1: Monday to Friday from 6am to 3.30pm
Week 2: Monday to Friday from 11am to 8.30pm
Reporting to the VMU Manager and Workshop Controller and working as part of a small team, the main job function will be to fit all types of hydraulic equipment to commercial vehicles and fabricate new or reworked materials as required, and repair trailers and commercial vehicles including and stripping vehicles in preparation for painting and welding.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Examining vehicles and reporting any defects and the vehicle condition both verbally and in writing.
- To book time and parts used in the process of building or repairing of commercial vehicles.
- To manufacture as required, component parts within the limitations of machinery and equipment available.
- To assist with the assessment of cost repairs (in certain circumstances)
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Previous experience of working within the motor vehicle industry, preferably within a body repair and/or paint workshop
- Recognised industry qualifications
- Be confident and well organised with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work well on their own initiative as well as part of a larger team and work well under pressure
- Full and current driving licence, an LGV licence Class 1 would be a distinct advantage
- Be prepared to work from other THC locations as required.
- We offer class leading rates of pay
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Loyalty holidays.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.