Job Title: Image Engineer (VDA experience preferred)
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (occasional home working available)
Salary: up to £36,000 depending on experience + quarterly bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full time: 40 hours per week
Overview of the Role
The purpose of the role is to engineer and authorise vehicle repair costs in accordance with manufacturer’s methodology while taking all aspects of the claim into consideration. You will be responsible for taking technical calls, producing inspection reports, and making total loss decisions whilst authorising supplementary estimates. You will engage with the network to develop a strong working relationship with maximum efficiency.
To ensure that all customers reporting an incident receive the very highest standards of customer service and that each vehicle incident is managed to a speedy and professional resolution.
- Authorise repairs using agreed repair methodology, ensuring that the safety of the driver and quality of the repair carried out are of highest priority.
- Ensure a full audit trail is available for all work carried out. This will include images of all work authorised and detailed notes recorded in the case log for any delays or issues.
- Prioritise all repair costs where the vehicle is off the road, and then in date order.
- Take calls on the Technical Helpdesk line, answering repairer and customer queries.
- Make decisions on potential total loss vehicles based on all case information.
- Understand the services provided to our clients, and what is and isn’t covered.
- Understand the Approved Repairer Agreement; understand what is expected of a repairer and what they have agreed to.
- Review query invoices for authorised repairs. Ensuring that the Operating Procedures are followed at all times.
- Monitor and authorise Supplementary estimates for authorised work.
- Obtain vehicle valuations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Authorise claims in line with your objectives using industry systems on costing and methodology.
- Make Total Loss decisions based on all case details.
- Liaise with fleet managers and customers when further claim details are required
- Identify and escalate problems and queries outside area of responsibility to line manager in a timely manner
- Efficient planning and prioritisation of time to ensure accurate and speedy completion of tasks
- Play an active role in team meetings/briefings
- Actively look for continuous improvements to own performance and the performance of the team
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of FMG’s products, services and systems
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge to FMG’s business and HR policies and procedures – demonstrating personal adherence at all times
- Consistent achievement of performance objectives and targets
- Take ownership for personal development in line with Personal Performance and Development Plan
- This role is suited to Vehicle Damage Assessor currently working in the accident repair industry
- Paint, Panel and Mechanical Technicians with minimum of 3 years hands on experience are also welcomed to apply as systems training will be given
- Highly conscientious and self-motivated, with an eye for detail and proven problem solving skills, you will gain genuine satisfaction from finding ways to continually provide exceptional customer service.
- An outstanding communicator, you will also have strong questioning and listening skills, together with an ability to quickly develop rapport with customers and suppliers over the phone.
- A strong team player, you will strive to ensure the achievement of personal goals as well as providing support to colleagues.
- Working towards IAEA and ATA VDA qualification.
- As this role involves a significant amount of telephone and PC work, candidates are expected to be a confident user of both.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary up to £36k
- Bonus based on performance, paid quarterly
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with service to 28 + bank holidays
- 2 x salary death-in-service benefit
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Pension – 5% employee, 3% employer
- SAYE scheme (enabling you to buy discounted shares via a savings scheme)
- Opportunities to develop – training actively encouraged
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea & coffee, on-site café
- Great modern office
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, and hold the relevant skills, please apply today for an immediate consideration