Motor Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
Northgate Vehicle Hire — Derby
Up to £34,000 OTE per year including bonus, Overtime and company benefits!!!
Plus our great company benefits including Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, Store Discount, Cycle to work scheme and much more!!!!!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Motor Vehicle Technician to join one of the UK’s leading vehicle rental specialists in our busy, growing site in Derby.
Your role, as Motor Vehicle Technician, is about supporting our customers to deliver on their business promises. Your aim; ensuring we get their vehicle back on the road safely and in quick time.
The workshop in Derby delivers maintenance, servicing and warranty work for a fleet size over 1,110 vehicles, with the number of vehicles on hire increasing. The branch has a high number of ‘walk-in’ customers, as well as supporting a broad range of business and broker customers. With an ever-changing workload, our modern workshop is equipped with the latest technology and manufacturer-specific diagnostic tools - it is a bustling, exciting place to be.
Key to your success is your ability to produce work that complies with the highest technical and quality standards and, above all, helps us deliver on our service commitment to customers.
- You are a qualified Motor Vehicle Technician with a solid workshop background – whether the job at hand is routine servicing and maintenance or a more complex diagnostic, you will know just how to solve it.
- You come from a fast-paced background – you know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work.
- You enjoy a broad mix of work - with servicing, general maintenance, warranty work and recalls across the wide range of manufactures within our fleet, you can be sure every day will present you with a new challenge
- You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of the Northgate team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
- You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day - you understand what is important to your customers and enjoy having a face-to-face relationship with them.
- You need to be passionate about customer service, standards of work and also have the ability to think outside the box when coming across challenges
As Motor Vehicle Technician, we offer:
- A competitive starting salary with quarterly bonus scheme.
- A clear career development pathway and our commitment to supporting your professional development through in-house and industry-recognised training.
- The opportunity to work with and service world-renowned automotive brands including Ford, Mercedes and Vauxhall.
- The All Employee Share Scheme allows employees to buy Redde Northgate shares on preferential terms for a regular monthly contribution of between £5 and £500 over 3 years. All eligible employees will receive the annual invitation to join the scheme. Value of £1,800
- Everyone across Northgate is eligible for the O2 discount scheme. The discount is 20% off accessories as well as 30% off O2 Refresh Tariffs. You can also pass the discount code on to your family and friends!
- Technicians have the opportunity to volunteer to be on call at an additional £50 per week
- Our network of fleet are available to employees to hire at significantly reduced rental rates. As an employee benefit, our network of 50+ workshops are available to staff and their immediate family members, for the maintenance of their personal cars, at a rate significantly reduced from standard garage retail prices.
- Northgate operates a group personal pension plan through Aegon. The Company will pay a monthly contribution of 4% of your basic salary and your contribution will be a minimum of 3% of your basic salary although you can pay more than this if you wish.
- As an employee of Redde Northgate, you have the benefit of life assurance cover of twice basic annual salary. This cover is at no cost to you.
- Fully Insured Tool Cover
- Celebrate your Birthday! Take the day off on us, everyone has an extra day off on their birthdate to make it more special.
Non contractual (to be used within one month of your birthday)
Be part of the future of vehicle rental
If you would love to join our amazing team in Derby as a Motor Vehicle Technician, we encourage you to find out more. Apply today