Motor Vehicle Technician - Southampton
A highly successful, family run multi-franchise group of dealerships.
Since 2006, they have won many industry awards, including several from the manufacturers that we are partnered with.
We are currently looking for an EXPERIENCED VEHICLE TECHNICIAN to join their automotive aftersales team at one of their busiest branches
Working in a busy, well established franchise dealership you will be working alongside the Service Department with an existing team of dedicated and knowledgeable staff.
You'll be professional and efficient with good attention to detail, have experience with working on all makes of vehicle and be a good team player.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs on many types of vehicles while maintaining company and industry standards and adhering to time constraints
- Carry out MOTs if applicable
- Carry out vehicle repairs and communicates issues to service manager and service advisors; conduct additional repair work as advised by managers or advisors
- Uses manufacturer diagnostic equipment to ensure diagnostics, testing, and repairs are thorough and to highest quality
- Keeps work area clean, neat, and to company standards, especially to ensure safety of all team members
Qualifications and Skills
- You will be a qualified, certified Technician (NVQ / City & Guilds or equivalent to Level 3) with dealership experience.
- MOT Tester desirable but not essential.
- Bonus Scheme
- 30 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Excellent training and genuine career progression.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- High Street Discounts
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5pm
Saturday: (Rota 1 in 4) 8am - 12.30pm paid additionally
£24k - £30k basic salary, depending on experience and qualifications
£32k - £40k OTE and is uncapped!!!
Basic salary WILL increase with training and further qualifications
Please ensure your CV is up to date with relevant contact details including address
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment have been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships. If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you'll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Key positons; Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Service Advisor, Parts Advisor, Technician, Mechanic, Master Technician, Workshop Controller, Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Dealer Principal, General Manager.