Do you have strong skills to lead from the front?
Do you have the adaptability to work in an ever-evolving industry?
Do you have a passion and commitment to service delivery?
Are you a dynamic and action-oriented person with the ability to think strategically?
As a 4PL subsidiary of a leading global logistics provider in Automotive, CAT VM UK is part of the leading international service providers in the field of outbound automotive logistics in Europe.
As an experienced automotive expert, you will be working as the Operations Manager providing a fourth party logistics service to one of the top four Global Automotive Manufacturers.
Based in a modern office environment located in Bristol. Permanent employment contract, 25 days’ + bank holidays per year along with an attractive salary & benefits, with future growth and development opportunities.
Working within an international team culture, our people define industry leadership and customer-centric focus every day by shared beliefs, values that are communicated and reinforced shaping all behaviours and understandings throughout the Company.
Join us and play an important role within our growing team!
- Develop productive & effective relationships with all transport partners ensuring effective communication to mitigate any barriers
- Optimal use of carriers to give optimization of transport costs
- Orchestrating transportation movements through a small team of operators
- Sourcing solutions to meet customer volume requirements
- Ensure customer requests are being handled in a timely manner
- Key operational contact for customers and internal departments
- Identifying continuous improvement initiatives in line with quality, service and cost
- Staying alert to new trends in the sector
- Process improvement focus is essential, look for waste
We are looking for
- Experienced Automotive / Supply Chain operations professional
- Fourth party logistics (4PL) knowledge advantageous
- Strategic thinker for long term planning, excellent tactical agility
- A calm communicator at all levels to encourage confidence to achieve progression
- Experience in the automotive / logistics sector preferred
- Enthusiastic and driven to achieve targets and objectives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills in English. Some knowledge of French may be helpful
- Confident approach, engaging others
- Solution-oriented action and hands-on mentality