Sales Support - sales Operator - Sales Support professional is required by an expanding transport, logistics and freight forwarding company in Berkhamsted. The role is to support the Sales Manager through administrative and sales support duties to allow them to focus on new and existing business development. Along with general office admin sending emails/loading consignments onto the system this will also involve the direct communication with the customer base via phone primarily and email, chasing feedback on quotations and maintaining customer contact. This role is mainly telephone based, you will be expected to be making outbound calls and taking inbound calls all day. You will also be trained in sales as well moving forward
ROLE: Sales Support
HOURS: Monday to Friday, either Part time or Full time
BASIC SALARY: £18k to £20k, plus commission
- Office administration duties such as emails, taking calls, excel reports
- Making outbound calls to clients from an existing database, database cleansing, contacting new clients.
- Arranging appointments for the Sales Manager or ascertaining the correct contacts and passing them onto the Sales Manager
- Receiving inbound calls from within the branches client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Providing support and information to clients when the Sales Manager is out of the office.
- This will include taking the details of a quote / calculating a price / using your experience and that of others to conclude a sale price / communicate that to the customer / enter the booking onto our system and provide feedback on the shipments progress to the customer.
- Logging any activity with the customer onto the ACT system
- Using the Internet and other resources to assist with lead generation.
- Will be encouraged to help with the profiling of new business prospects in preparation for the sales manager to visit.
Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time
Attention to detail with a passion for sales or customer service, Sales Support or transport and logistics is critical to this role. Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload is also a necessity. A good head for numbers is required.