Position: Sales Engineer – After Sales and Service (Energy Projects)
Location: Scotland and Northern England
Salary Guide: £40,000 plus 20% bonus, Car and excellent benefits
Our client has been creating premium heat transfer, separation and fluid handling technologies for more than 125 years, their products and solutions are used in such areas as water supply, food and beverages, power generation, energy, environmental protection and pharmaceuticals. They employ approximately 16,000 staff in more than 50 countries covering over 100 markets.
They are recruiting for a Sales Engineer to join their Energy business unit covering Scotland and parts of Northern England. Working with both existing customers and with their Capital Sales teams you will be responsible for after sales and service for their heat transfer products and focusing on the CHP, Oil, Gas, Power, Refinery, Chemicals, HVAC and Refrigeration sectors.
Your main work activities will be to:
* Working with and developing new and existing customers both directly and through sales channels.
* Working with and developing existing sales channels to meet channel performance targets and reporting back on any potential new channels to channel manager.
* Implement and achieve agreed strategies, goals, priorities and activities with and through Sales Manager.
* Preparation and maintenance of Sales Activity Plans.
* Develop new accounts and build relationships with existing customers.
* Work in cooperation with the Equipment and Process Capital Sales to develop growth opportunities where relevant.
* Actively use Installed Base (IB) information as a sales tool to help develop and brickwall our customer base.
* Actively use CRM tools to log all sales activity relating to a customer.
* Obtain, compile, maintain and communicate information about the current competitive position of the market by way of project lists, statistics, lost orders and order forecast to ensure corrective action is taken to improve the company's competitive position.
* Advise on suggested, (i) improvements to current service/product portfolio and (ii) introduction of new services/products/ pricing to enhance the Company's competitive position in the market.
* Manage internal and external relationships in a professional and courteous manner.
* Build good internal relationships and liaise with all other departments, both locally and within the Group centre, concerned with sales support, inside sales, marketing, production, finance, distribution, etc.
* Experience gained within relevant industries (Oil and Gas, Power, Refinery, Chemicals, HVAC, General Manufacturing, Refrigeration) would be an advantage, but not essential.
* You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a direct sales role, are well organised and have strong communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills. Equally important is the ability to work as part of a team.
* Experience using Microsoft Office is essential.
* You will be expected to spend 80% of your time out of the office. Travel is a major factor and is predicted predominantly in the UK with some overnight stops. Occasional overseas travel for training purposes
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.