Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh, Fort Kinnaird
Salary up to £27,000 plus Commission and Company Car (OTE £47,500 uncapped)
40.5 hour working week rota with every second weekend off
Part of the family-owned Eastern Western Motor Group, Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh & Coldstream are the Mercedes-Benz Retailer for Edinburgh and the Borders. With sites at Edinburgh's Luxury Car Village, Fort Kinnaird in East Edinburgh and Coldstream in the Scottish Borders, we have more than 250 employees; we sell a large number of new and approved-used Mercedes-Benz and Smart cars; we have more than 35 service bays and carry a substantial stock of Mercedes-Benz parts across all three locations. We are a multi-award winning Mercedes-Benz retailer with accolades including Retailer of the Year in 2018, Workshop Team of the Year in 2019 and Customer Service Team of the Year in 2021.
For the first time in several years, and only due to internal promotion and expansion, we are now looking to recruit a Sales Executive for our Fort Kinnaird dealership. This site is a brand new, purpose built facility which has been trading successfully since 2018, looking after customers in East Edinburgh, East Lothian and across the UK. This a great opportunity for the successful candidate and you will be joining a team of people in the business focused on delivering great customer service whilst representing the best known automotive brand in the World!
Nature of the role
In 2022 and beyond, the Mercedes-Benz range is focused on the all-electric EQ range of cars plus a wider range of Plug-In Hybrid models, with several new models due to arrive over the next 12 months and beyond. Our Business also continues to enjoy high demand for approved-used cars, from our customers both locally and from across the UK. The role of Sales Executive involves handling incoming enquiries and talking to existing customers, presenting the car of interest either in person or digitally, appraising any part exchange being offered, discussing finance and additional products we offer and ensuring an overall first class buying experience. The job is always interesting and it will offer the successful candidate a long term and very rewarding career, with the guarantee of variety on a daily basis!
Why choose to join Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh East?
- Be part of the World’s best known Automotive Car Brand
- Several new model launches in the next 3 years
- The option of a Mercedes-Benz company car
- An outstanding 40.5 hour working week rota to help you achieve a better work/life balance
- We are a well-established Mercedes-Benz Retailer with a focus on our customers
- Excellent remuneration package
- Be part of the Eastern Western family
What does the job of a Sales Executive entail?
- Achieving monthly sales targets for new vehicles, used vehicles, finance and additional products.
- Building rapport and qualifying your understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Carrying out telephone prospecting and following up on marketing activities.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer databases.
- Co-ordinating the order and delivery of vehicles with the Sales Administrator.
- Taking an active part in the presentation of vehicle displays and promotional materials.
- Appraising vehicles, taking care to drive the vehicle and establish true mileages, date registered, service history, number of owners and be able to present to the Management an accurate description of the vehicle using appraisal forms.
- Completing product training and keeping abreast of what is going on in the market.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous sales experience – not necessarily in the motor trade
- Results orientated
- Good numeracy skills
- Enthusiastic about customer service
In addition, we offer a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount Scheme - We offer staff discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.