Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Controller to join their busy site in the Peterborough area of Cambridgeshire. Paying £31-33k basic salary plus many benefits to make an overall fantastic package.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Company where you can really progress your career. You will benefit from a range of rewards that include a company pension, discounts on insurance and financial performance awards.
Job Purpose of the Transport Controller:
You will be supporting Bodyshop Manager in the supervision and coordination of the transport, ensuring the efficient running to maximise customer satisfaction.
This will include:
- Supervising the transport team.
- Ensuring all vehicles are collected/delivered within SLA.
- Managing the courtesy car fleet.
- Managing overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
- Managing sublet requirements
- Ensuring H&S checks are completed by drivers
- Managing inspections and repairs of fleet through daily inspections
- Ensuring Tachographs are filled out and records maintained
- Completing month end working time directive report.
- Ensuring that all customers are shown round vehicle before delivery
- Liaising with local repairing workshop and fleet compliance controller to ensure trucks meet 6 weeks safety checks
To successfully apply for this role, you will have previous experience in a similar role along with the following skills/knowledge:
- Previous Bodyshop Accident Transport Controller experience is essential, along with a proven track record of motivating staff to deliver a quality service on time and on budget.
- Understanding of mechanical principles relevant to role.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to prioritise work and complete it to a high standard, whilst adhering to stringent H&S procedures
- Excellent communication skills
Career benefits and rewards
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against their competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Travel insurance & Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
If you would like to hear more about this Transport Controller role, please submit your CV to Adam Curtis of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy.