Reports to Job Title
Transport Operations Manager
Minworth - Minworth, B76 1RN GB (Primary)
Job Title: Transport Supervisor
Shifts: 4 on 4 off Days
To contribute to the success of the Great Bear Transport Department at Minworth, by the efficient planning of transport resources.
- Project management of a range of single and multi-disciplinary transport projects involving responsibility for resourcing, financial management and controls including the timely and reliable delivery of objectives.
- Communicating with Transport Manager and Transport Planning Teams to maximise backloads, identifying cost saving opportunities, trailer utilisation and cost efficiency.
- Ensuring effective planning and utilisation of drivers and sub-contract haulage for deliveries out of multiple warehousing sites.
- Review the strategic transport plans daily in relation to providing cost effective solutions and reacting to unexpected issues.
- Supporting the Transport Planning Team with their daily work load for a fleet of vehicles based at Staffordshire, West Midlands and Brackmills.
- Acting as a point of escalation to deal with queries by telephone, fax and e-mail from our customer, sub contract haulier’s and warehousing sites.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a good working relationship with team members, vendors, hauliers and partners.
- Liaising with the GBD traffic and administration teams to ensure the highest standards of performance are maintained at all times.
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues/queries that may arise.
- Daily communication with operational teams, vendors and customers regarding network/route plan changes.
- Continual improvement for cost reductions, identifying where cost can be saved from tactical route changes.
This list is not exhaustive and the position holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate within the position as required. The Company reserves the right to amend duties and responsibilities in response to changing business circumstances.
Successful candidate will
- Have previous transport and office experience and be able to demonstrate a high level of transport knowledge and expertise in a busy and demanding environment
- Experience of transport policy and strategy development along with experience in masterplanning and a good knowledge of transportation and planning systems
- Knowledge of RoadRunner Pro, Tachomaster and Falcon would be advantageous
- Be able to work as part of a friendly team and under own initiative
- Have excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Be able to make decisions under pressure and to a tight timescale
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
Transferrable Skills ctd:
- Be able to communicate well at all levels of the business and be professional and strong in both oral and report writing, bid drafting and communication with clients and colleagues alike.
- Motivated and adaptable to project demands including assisting, managing and mentoring more junior team members as required.
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate the drive and desire to progress
- Must be Flexible in approach to work and shift patterns
Click APPLY NOW to kick – start your application!
4 on 4 off
Start / Finish Times
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.