Job Title: Workshop Controller
Location: Epsom, KT19 9NW
Salary: Up to £37,000 basic salary (depending on experience) + performance related bonus (OTE 45K) + benefits (listed below)
- Performance Related Bonus
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) in addition to an annual leave purchase & sale scheme
- Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- Discount on Service, Bodyshop and Parts
- 1 day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Access to Perks at Work discount website
Role is full time and permanent.
Our client is an independent dealer group which operates a network of 61 dealership sites in the UK and channel islands.
Job Purpose: Reporting into the Aftersales Manager, you will be responsible for driving the standard in customer car leading and motivating the staff and facilities of the Workshop efficiently to ensure a high level of productivity and quality. You'll motivate technicians to ensure targets are being met as well as ensuring a high level of productivity and quality of service is being delivered. You will also be responsible for tracking the progress of vehicles through the Workshop and liaising with Service Reception thereby maintaining customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Negotiate and agree all targets and Key Performance Indicators to deliver the required results from the workshop.
- Allocate work to Technicians as appropriate, to ensure the smooth running of the workshop and the most profitable customer-focused results.
- Liaise with the Service department, and provide technical advice to colleagues and customers.
- Ensure all incoming work is planned and managed effectively.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers as part of delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage, coach and support the technical team.
- Ensure robust quality checks, stock maintenance and management, audit and compliance, and Health & Safety in line with company policies and protocols.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- IT literate, and familiar with web-based process and stock management systems.
- Evidence of previous service department experience.
- Evidence of coaching and motivating a team.
- Experience working as a fully qualified technician (preferred level 3)
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 6 months with fewer than 9 penalty points.
- Evidence of ‘Right to work in the UK’
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Jonathan Sweasey at Colin Pybus Recruitment