AM Online

Safe use of petrol in garages

The potential danger of petrol vapour in garages cannot be over emphasised.

In 2004, an 18-year-old apprentice died in Sussex as a result of mishandling petrol.

It is a fact of life (and death) that Health and Safety issues are often regarded as intrusive in the work place but HSE offer simple guidance on this area and garage proprietors would do well to read it before they have a death on their conscience.

As HSE state “most of the hazards of fuel removal can be mitigated by the use of a proprietary fuel retriever, providing a suitable container, eliminating static electricity, and capturing any petrol vapour displaced.

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.