AM Online

Law: Explosion occurs in shipping container used as a tearoom

Two men received burns when an employer in Colne, Lancs used a shipping container as a tearoom.

The container was heated using a LPG appliance. LPG is more dense than air and can accumulate at low levels.

The container only had high-level ventilation. The heater was originally fitted with a device, which would not allow gas to escape unless there was a flame. Unfortunately this had been disconnected. As you might have guessed the heater was left on with gas escaping, which built up and exploded.

Visit www.lawgistics.co.uk or call 0870 26 77 118 for more information.

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.