AM Online

US takes shares in GMAC

The US government will get five million preferred shares from GMAC in exchange for injecting $5bn of capital into the troubled financial arm of General Motors.

GM has a 49% stake in GMAC, with the remaining 51% held by Cerberus, Chrysler's parent.

The US Treasury will get 8% interest on the shares. It also excercised a 10-year warranty to buy 250,000 more GMAC preferred shares for a penny each, reports AP.

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.