Citroen has launched a pan-European business centre programme to help boost the service and support it offers to light commercial vehicle and fleet customers.
The French brand trialled a business centre pilot operation in the UK last year and it is now looking to appoint 90 business centres before the end of this year.
These new centres will be appointed from within the existing Citroen UK network and will be expected to offer an expanded range of services for LCV and fleet customers.
Citroen wants business centre dealers to invest in additional facilities, stocking, personnel and specialist training.
The new Citroen business centres will offer:
- Trained LCV and car fleet sales staff
- LCV technical support staff with special training
- A wider range of new Citroën display products
- Relay Specialist and Ready to Run vehicles
- A comprehensive range of LCV demonstrators
- An enhanced choice of Citroen Approved used LCVs
- A wider choice of while-you-wait service operations
- An increased variety of courtesy vehicles for customer loan use
Charles Peugeot, head of commercial vehicles, said: “Citroen recognises the importance of continuing to attract more customers to the marque.
"At the same time, the company wants to ensureit continues to retain existing customers. A key element in achieving these objectives is to provide smaller and medium sized fleet customers with even higher levels of support. This will be spearheaded by our business centre programme."