AM Online

Know your customers: Mini

There are 281,365 Minis currently registered in the UK, representing 0.748% of UK registered vehicles and making it the 23rd most favoured car.

More than half (55%) belong to private female owners and 28.94% to males. Only 8.73% are company car owned. Around one in four have put private plates on their cars.

Most (83.92%) are three-door hatchbacks, 13.41% are convertibles and 2.46% estates Only 6.53% are automatic. 

The top 10 locations to see Minis are: Birmingham, Reading, Guildford, London SW, Glasgow, Chester, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Chelmsford, Sheffield and Manchester. Together, these locations contain 20.89% of all UK Minis.

The most popular model is the Mini Cooper, making up 70% of the UK Mini market, with the Mini One at 30%. 

Favoured colours are black (20.06%) and blue (17.14%), which together makes up 37.20% of all UK Minis. Red (16.84%) and silver/aluminium (16.42%) follow close behind (see colour breakdown below).

Some 15.55% of Minis are less than 12 months old, 30.50% are less than 24 months old and 59.02% are younger than four years old (see full age breakdown below).

Most (92.85%) have an engine size above 1550cc. The remaining 7.15% have an engine size below 1549cc.

Mini

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.