Renault’s latest generation Clio will be priced between £9,995 and £14,445 for the three door model when it hits UK showrooms from May 15.
The five-door version will be priced from £10,595 to £16,896 and the Sport Tourer estate will be priced from £11,445 to £14,645.
Standard equipment levels include: 4x20W radio CD MP3, electric front windows, RCA socket (for portable music players) and trip computer.
- Six engines at launch. Four petrol: 1.2 16V 75, 1.2 TCe 100, 1.6 VVT 111 Auto, plus new 1.6 VVT 128. Two diesel: 1.5 dCi 86 and 106
- 30 ‘eCO2’ versions
- Available to order now and in showrooms from May 15
The new Clio 2009 range starts with entry-level Extreme on three-door versions only.
Moving up to Expression in five-door and Sport Tourer guise, the second most popular trim level offers 60:40 split folding rear seat, electric heated door mirrors and driver’s seat height adjustment for added comfort and convenience.
Additional standard equipment on the Sport Tourer version includes black roof bars, body coloured rear spoiler and removable boot floor for extra versatility and security.
Designed to appeal to fleets in particular, Expression A/C (five-door and Sport Tourer) adds air conditioning to the generous Expression trim level.
The core model, Dynamique, retains its 16-inch alloy wheels with extended front wings, air conditioning, auto headlights and wipers, curtain airbags, one-touch front electric windows (driver’s side), as well as its sport-oriented leather steering wheel and gearknob, satin chrome interior detailing and soft touch dashboard.
Following the launch of the integrated satellite navigation system with Carminat TomTom in the new Grand Scénic, the new Clio is the second range to benefit.
Bridging the gap between the sporty Dynamique and flagship Renaultsport 200 models, another trim level, GT, joins the fold. This new trim on three-door models gains a new Clio engine – the 1.6 VVT 128bhp petrol.
The GT trim includes 16-inch ‘GT’ alloy wheels, tinted rear windows and tailgate, fixed cornering lights with black surrounds andGT front and rear spoilers, side skirts and twin exhausts.
Completing the range are the luxury Privilege and Initiale models, reserved for five-door versions only. Like the GT, both are available with the flagship diesel engine, 1.5 dCi 106 with six-speed gearbox.
Five option packs also feature:
- Cool – manual air con and electronic panoramic sunroof £1,020
- Protection - curtain airbags, three 3-point rear seatbelts with pretensioners on outer seats (Expression £200). Plus three height adjustable rear headrests and 60:40 split folding rear seat (Extreme - £250)
- Outdoor (Sport Tourer Dynamique) - satin chrome roof bars and fixed cornering lights with black surrounds £250
- Expression Look (Sport Tourer) – black headlight surrounds, extra tinted rear windows and tailgate, body coloured side mouldings, satin chrome roof bars £300
- Storage - sunglasses holder, rear sunblind and under parcel shelf garment carrier £100
Available to order now, the Clio 2009 range launches in UK showrooms on May 15.
Clio hot hatch
Renault has confirmed that there will also be a Renaultsport version of the new Clio, which will be priced from £15,750 and will come in two versions, standard and Cup.
New exterior design includes an aerodynamic blade built into the front bumper, front wing air-extractors and a rear diffuser.
Both will be powered by a 200bhp 2.0 16V engine. This engine drives through a manual six-speed gearbox and accelerates from 0-62mph in 6.9 seconds and on to a top speed of 141mph.
Despite the power increase fuel consumption and CO2 emissions have been slightly reduced to 34.4mpg in the combined cycle and 195g/km.
New Clio Renaultsport 200 is also available with the Cup chassis which has uprated dampers (15% stiffer) compared with the Cup setting on Clio Renaultsport 197.
It also has stiffer springs compared with the standard chassis (uprated 27% at the front and 30% at the rear) for better handling.