AM Online

Know your customers: Renault

Renault occupies 4.984% of the UK vehicle parc with 1,868,237 cars registered.

Renault Clio is by far the most popular model, making up 41.30% of Renaults on the road.

Its popularity stems back to the ’90s, when its famous “Nicole and Papa” advert campaign won accolades as the most popular car advert ever made.

Megane is the second most popular, with 20.83%, followed by Scenic with 16.01%.

Men make up almost half of Renault owners, with 39.37% registered to females and 6.77% company owned.

Birmingham leads the way as prime Renault territory with 2.97% of the brands UK-registered cars.

Other hotspots, in order of share, are Glasgow, Sheffield, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol, Nottingham, Peterborough and Manchester.

Together, these locations contain 19.22% of all UK Renaults.

More than half are between 4-10 years old, accounting for 971,104 vehicles. Cars less than two years old hold 10.89% of registrations and cars younger than four years old hold 26.46%.

Private plates are not expected fodder for Renault buyers and only appear on 9.33% of the cars.

Unsurprisingly, considering its heavy small car weighting, automatic transmission is rare, with only 8.51% of registrations.

The top two favoured colours are blue (25.96%) and silver/aluminium (19.40%), which together make up 45.36% of all UK Renaults. Red with 15.01% and black with 12.86% follow close behind.

  • Analysis has been performed by GMAP using current market stat-istics from the anonymised DVLA Parc data. 

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.