AM Online

Know your customers: Seat

More than a third of all Seats registered in the UK are owned by women. They account for 34.05% of the total registration of 301,736. Men make up 51% while companies own just 8.5%.

Seat makes up 0.8% of the total number of vehicles registered in the UK, making it the 21st most popular marque.

The Ibiza is Seat’s most popular model, making up 41.57% of its total registrations, followed by the Leon (28.17%) and the Alhambra (9.31%).

Five-door hatchbacks make up almost half of the total parc at 48.98% with three-door hatches accounting for 36.15%. 

Nearly the whole parc is made up of manual transmission vehicles with only 3.5% being automatic.

When it comes to age, 18.89% are less than two years old while 37.97% are under four years old. Just 12.95% are more than 10 years old.

Top two favoured colours are grey (21.28%) and red (20.49%), which together make up 41.77% of all UK Seats. Black (19.75%) and blue (18.39%) follow close behind.

Smaller engines prove popular with Seat owners with 15.49% having an engine size less than 1,349cc; 26.91% between 1,350cc to 1,549cc; and 44.03% between 1,550cc and 1,949cc.
Private plates can be found on 10.01% of Seats. 

The most likely place to spot a Seat is in Birmingham, followed by Milton Keynes, Bristol, Glasgow, Sheffield, Southampton, Reading, Swansea, Leicester and Coventry. Together, the top 10 locations contain 20.57% of all UK Seats. 

This analysis has been performed by GMAP Consulting using current statistics from the anonymised DVLA parc data.

Seat Figures 2009

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.