AM Online

Know your customers: Subaru

Subaru is very much a man’s brand with women owning less than a fifth of all models registered.

Men own 68.3% while women have bought 18.99%. Only 5.31% are company cars.

Subaru represents 0.303% of UK registered vehicles, making it the 30th most popular brand.

Estates are the most popular models in the UK at 41.10% while four-door saloons make up 32.38% of the total registration.

Manual transmission is the first choice when it comes to Subarus with only 17.15% being automatics.

The Impreza is the most popular model, making up more than half of the total UK Subaru market at 51.07%. Following are the Legacy (20.92%) and the Forester (19.12%).

Most Subaru buyers opt for larger engine sizes. Just 7.36% have an engine size below 1,949cc. The majority (73.29%) are between 1,950 and 2,449cc with the remaining 19.34% being above 2,450cc.

The most likely places to spot a Subaru are Sheffield, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Guildford and Gloucester.

When it comes to colour, blue appears to be favourite with Subaru owners at 26.57% followed by silver/aluminium on 22.64%. Together they make up 49.21% of all UK Subarus.

Subarus that are two or more colours make up 11.05%, which probably reflects the brand’s popularity with aftermarket tuners.

Less than 10% of all Subarus are under two years old, with 24.41% being younger than four years.

There are many older Subarus still on the road with more than a quarter (26.36%) being old enough to qualify for the scrappage scheme.

Subaru owners like their private plates, making up 28.06% of all Subarus on the road.

 



If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.