Citroen UK has appointed Martin Hamill as its new head of commercial vehicles and business sector to pioneer its new Business Class dealer programme.
He takes over from Charles Peugeot, who left the role in July 2010 to become sales director.
Citroen has appointed 90 dealers to become Business Class centres out of its 200 business dealerships.
Business Class is a new initiative which has been launched to offer small to medium enterprises a higher level of specialist service.
Each Business Class dealership offers:
- Specially trained LCV and car fleet sales staff
- Dedicated Business Class area in the dealership
- Additional specially trained LCV technical support staff
- A wider range of LCV demonstrators
- While-you-wait servicing
- Extended opening hours for sales and service
- LCV courtesy vehicles, including Dispatch and Relay
Hamill has been with Citroën for 11 years - starting with the company as an area fleet manager, handling Citroen’s fleet car and LCV business in the midlands.
He then moved to the position of commercial manager, working with the Citroën dealer network and was then promoted to become national fleet operations manager.
In this last role Martin was responsible for Citroën’s national area fleet manager team.
For exclusive news on Citroen’s new Business Class network see AM’s interview with Mark Hamill in the January 28 issue.