AM Online

Citroen on the path to paperless brochures

Citroen is working on transferring all its existing brochures online following the successful launch of an interactive brochure for the DS3 Cabrio.

Citroen worked with UK design agency We Are Acuity and media production company FMG to develop the HTML5 brochure optimised for mobile and tablet devices as well as desktop PCs.

Potential customers visiting the Citroën website have three options with the DS3 Cabrio brochure: to order a printed copy, download a standard PDF version or view the interactive version.

The first 10 weeks of the campaign has seen 4,711 unique visitors to the interactive brochure creating 53,192 unique page views. The interactive brochure has also driven traffic to www.citroen.co.uk generating an 11% click-through to “configure your car”, 1.15% click-through to “book a test drive” and 3% click-through to “find a dealer”, demonstrating a clear intent on behalf of visitors.

Although 42.16% of views of the new-style brochure have come from PCs, mobile (24.70%) and tablet (29.29%) views combined account for 53.99% of all views, highlighting the shift in how customers are researching information on new cars and showing that automotive brands really need to keep up.

Thanks to the strong performance of this brochure, Citroën is now set to work on transferring all its other existing brochures online.

Jules Tilstone, marketing director at Citroën UK, said: “Our strap line is Créative Technologie, so this move fits perfectly with our culture. Acuity are helping us to really improve how our customers interact with our brand online and we are showing that our forward vision is not restricted to the cars we build, but also helps to position us as front-runners in automotive marketing.

“The DS3 Cabrio interactive brochure has been a fantastic proof of concept and the figures demonstrate that it’s certainly hitting a chord with our prospective customers, and also that they’re prepared to embrace this new technology.

"The second phase of the brochure roll-outs is likely to see us pushing the envelope much more in terms of the interactivity and technology. I believe this shows there is an exciting future ahead in terms of the technology development in this channel, as we continue to put the customer at centre of our marketing.”

Currently the digital version of the DS3 Cabrio brochure is available through Citroën’s UK website



Click here for digital marketing best practice and procurement insight

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.