AM Online

Aftersales workshop: Increasing profits and retention with improved communications – Barry Nielsen, Eclipse Marketing

2

To gain a true picture of an individual customer and to maximise response rates to communications, dealers need to combine a variety of data sources, including the manufacturers’ information, according to a workshop led by Eclipse Marketing’s client services director Barry Nielsen.

  NEED TO KNOW

        

♦  Dealers need to utilise all data sources
Data on warranty renewal, service and MoT reminders, and even recalls, can all increase uptake

 
 

Nielsen identified core communications of MoT and service reminders as accounting for 70% of aftersales revenue from prompts, with mailings generating the most uptake. The remaining 30% provides additional revenue ‘events’, but targeting the ‘right customers with the right message at the right time’, such as seasonal offers or winter health checks, is imperative.

Simply having access to warranty renewal information from manufacturer partners can improve data, while linking reminders to manufacturer service club discounts can increase uptake and social media data trails can also be used for additional and more personal insights.

Even data obtained from recalls, particularly identifying second or third vehicle owners, can be utilised. Combining all such information creates a powerful and individual communications strategy more likely to generate positive responses. Given that the average customer is estimated to generate £3,000 of aftersales revenue over the lifecycle of vehicle ownership, this should not be overlooked.

 “Increasing customer retention by 2% has the same effect as increasing the number of customers by 10%,” said Nielsen.



Click here for aftersales best practice and procurement insight

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.