AM Online

Know your customers: Honda

Honda

Factsheet

No information available.

Review

Honda has established a strong presence in the UK with its manufacturing facility in Swindon, set up 16 years ago. It now makes 250,000 cars a year.

The carmaker is bearing down on the million unit car parc, with 939,248 models currently registered in the UK.

This represents 2.53% of UK registered vehicles, ranking Honda as the 12th most favoured make by consumers.

Just under a third (30%) of those cars belong to private females and 54.68% to males with 8.11% company car owned.

The genders owning the remaining cars are unknown.

Three- and five-door models dominate the car parc, with 63.07%; 20.22% are two- or four-door saloons; 15.08% are estates. Manual transmission account for 78.56% of Hondas, automatics 21.44%.

One in five Hondas are less than 24 months old and 39.37% are younger than four years old.

Almost 20% are older than 10 years. Private plates are popular with 13.06% of Honda owners putting them on their vehicle.

The top two favoured colours are silver/aluminium (31.07%) and blue (22.42%) which together make up 53.49% of all Hondas. Cars that are red (12.29%) and black (12.13%) follow behind.

Most common ages of vehicles:

Age = Hondas in the UK = %
Less than 12 months: 100,653 10.72
13-24 months (1-2 years): 93,274 9.93
25-36 months (2-3 years): 91,142 9.70
37-48 months (3-4 years): 84,707 9.02
49-120 months (4-10 years): 384,753 40.97
121+ months (10+ years): 181,034 19.27
Unknown: 12,379 0.25

Most popular models:

Models = Hondas in the UK = %
Civic 449,563 47.86
Accord 169,861 18.08
Jazz 129,256 13.76
CR-V 112,036 11.93
Prelude 16,459 1.75

Top 10 locations:

Rank = Location = Hondas in the UK %
1. Birmingham
2. Glasgow 22,872 2.44
3. Stockport 20,829 2.22
4. Slough 17,224 1.83
5. Reading 17,112 1.82
6. Manchester 15,411 1.64
7. Sheffield 15,124 1.61
8. Edinburgh 14,609 1.56
9. Bristol 14,072 1.50
10. Guildford 14,067 1.50

First drive: Honda Civic Tourer car review

With a big boot and frugal diesel engine, Honda's Civic estate takes aim at UK families and downsizers

Find road tests