Are you an experienced Transporter Driver who is keen to join our 5-car team and interested in being part of a supportive team who will know your name and not just your driver number? We’re offering good rates of pay, plenty of work and excellent in-house induction and training.
Benefits to joining SMH:
* Salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
* 23 days annual leave + bank holidays,
* Pension after 3 months
* Nights out and meal allowance (as applicable)
* Free onsite parking
* Employee discount schemes
* Access to preferential rates on vehicle leasing
* Annual leave purchase scheme (with qualifying period)
* Cycle to Work scheme (with qualifying period)
* Tech Benefits (with qualifying period)
* Childcare vouchers (with qualifying period)
We are a rapidly expanding UK-wide vehicle logistics and fleet management company looking for a 5-car Transporter Driver to be based out of our Head Office in Worcester.
Our transporter team is a close-knit operation, working within our main logistics department. Our fleet is relatively small but you will be fully supported by an experienced team of planners and co-ordinators who aim to make your week run as smoothly as possible. We appreciate that a life on the road can make you feel distant from your depot-based colleagues so we keep you connected through app-based company communications and HR tools to enable you to do everything from keeping up-to-date with company news and information, to booking annual leave, as well as keeping up-to-date with online training modules. Our annual driver and employee surveys will enable you to give us valuable feedback from your perspective.
So a typical day may involve:
* Ensure transporters are roadworthy and comply with legal requirements, reporting issues to your support team
* Ensure the safety and security of the vehicles.
* Comply with Safe Loading and Health and Safety Laws at all times.
* Communicate with external customers and liaise with internal customers where appropriate.
* Update records accurately.
* Perform vehicle condition checks and record any visible damage.
* Provide cover at other sites when required.
* Plan efficient routes.
* Comply with all Tachograph laws and requirements
We are interested in hearing from you if:
* You are a professional driver who takes a pride in their work and can respond to the demands of a busy operation.
* You are a driver who will wear their uniform with pride and support the team’s ongoing success.
* You are a driver who is keen to join a stable operation, and work alongside some drivers who have been with us for many years.
* Hold a Class 2 licence with trailer rights
* Hold a CPC card
* Hold a Tachograph card
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.