Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking an Automotive Cyber Security Engineer to lead the development and maintenance of a cyber security management system to support our automotive chassis control products for our customers. Reporting to the Head of Process you will be supporting a highly capable team of Software, Hardware and Functional Safety Engineers based in both Cambridge (UK) and Toronto (Canada). We need someone who can both lead these activities from the front, whilst also being happy to get involved in the detail. Most importantly we need someone who will embrace our culture – finding ways to say “yes”, supporting and developing our engineers, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring excellent customer service.
You would be joining this division at a great time – early enough to make your mark in the formation and creation, whilst also benefiting from the stability and security that our parent company provides.
Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Apply system thinking and engineering knowledge to define & manage the delivery of a Cyber Security Management System (CSMS)
- Working with component delivery teams and cyber security experts to delivery high quality solutions to cyber security issues, gathering strong evidence of compliance for these systems to cyber security standards.
- Develop strategies and methods for activities such as cyber security supply chain management and cyber security testing.
- Lead and direct engineers from suppliers and other outsource partners.
- Develop and maintain on-board and off-board technical requirements and systems
- Develop and maintain security requirements and design validation methodologies
- Support the deployment and operation processes and technical standards into other areas of the business
- Provide training and consulting to internal teams
- Perform risk analysis to identify potential threats and develop countermeasures
- Research technologies and gather security benchmarking data
- Meet deadlines for deliverables to quality cost and time
- Able and willing to travel overseas as required by the project or company
Key Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience of cyber security relevant standards and regulations, e.g. UNECE.R155, ISO 21434
- Proven experience and track record of delivery in a field relevant to the role, e.g software engineering, ECU delivery, supplier management, process development, etc.
- Experience within a technical discipline such as IT, Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Medical device etc.
- 1+ years of experience with embedded and/or automotive systems
- 1+ years of experience with in-vehicle network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with system engineering, development, and testing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical skills
- 1+ years professional security experience or security focus as part of degree program
- Understanding of architecture, development, design principals
- Experience verifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses in system design
- Experience applying security fundamentals (such as Cryptography, keying, PKI, TLS)
- Experience with QNX Development, Embedded Linux, AutoSAR
- Experience with IOT security
- Conceptual understanding of security methodologies and challenges
- Understanding of functional safety principles
- Experience of related standards such as ISO26262, ASPICE or similar