Forensic Road Traffic Accident Investigator – Based Derby
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience
Our clients’ business was founded to provide an independent, nationwide, forensic engineering and collision investigation service. Their forensic engineers and collision investigators have a wealth of experience dealing with: – damage compatibility, low velocity impacts, occupant displacement, large loss claims deployment of vehicle safety systems, seatbelt and airbag examinations and road traffic incident investigations. They are particularly focused on detecting and helping to fight fraud, exaggeration and malpractice in their industry.
As a Forensic Collision Investigators based in Derby providing specialist reports to the insurance industry and legal profession our client is seeking a suitably experienced, qualified and highly motivated professional to join a friendly team.
Key attributes to this position are:-
* A background in the police, forensic service, or specialist motor consulting engineering
* Good photographic skills
* Well organised & methodical
* Eye for detail
* Enjoy a challenge
* Flexibility and motivated to work alone at home or in the office, depending on location and to travel throughout the UK when carrying out Forensic inspections and investigations.
* A full UK driving Licence.
The position will provide the successful applicants with an extremely interesting and varied
Location: Derby, but home-based may be considered
Although not an exhaustive list you would require the following skills or be flexibly minded to acquire and add to them through in-house training:
* Have or be working towards formal qualifications in an engineering, motor or accident collision discipline, for example a Degree in a relevant subject, Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors or motor technical qualification.
* A background in the motor industry or Police with experience in Forensic examination of accident damaged vehicles of all types.
* An understanding of contemporary vehicle construction and design.
* An ability to critically analyse evidence and compile precise, logical, and accurate reports in a variety of formats
* Good photographic skills.
* Have great interpersonal and communication skills when working in a team environment or alone sometimes liaising closely and confidently with our Principals.
* Be able to meet and deal professionally with the legal profession and general public and be able to deliver your evidence in a concise and logical manner in a Court room environment, when required.
* The flexibility and motivated to work alone at home or in the office, depending on location, and to travel throughout the UK when carrying out Forensic inspections and investigations.
* A full UK driving Licence.
The position will provide the successful applicants with an extremely interesting and varied workload in a relatively unique industry in which we are extremely successful..
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.