HGV Technician - Corby
Competitive rate of pay up to £15ph
As one of the UK’s largest independently-owned commercial vehicle workshop operators, our client supports its customer base across the eastern counties, providing a full support solution from 13 dealer points.
They are an established Scania dealer where the premium quality of the products they sell is reflected right the way through their business – providing a diverse level of aftersales support for all makes of HGV, passenger vehicles, vans and agricultural and industrial vehicles.
They now have a vacancy for a HGV Technician to work amongst the existing team at their Kings Lynn branch. This position will be responsible for maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
* Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standard
* Diagnose and rectify all types of faults
* Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer’s premises
* Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
* Liaise with the parts department to attain relevant parts
* Ensure health and safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
* Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
* Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
* Technical qualification (City and Guilds level 3 or NVQ qualified technician)
* Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
* Ability to work under pressure and seek solutions to problems
* Excellent communication skills
* Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
* Computer literate
* Current drivers licence
* HGV licence and Fork lift licence (desired, not essential)
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience on Scania product (desired, not essential) and main dealer workshop experience (desired, not essential)
Reporting into the Depot Manager this is a great career opportunity so if you have the required skills then forward your CV as soon as possible.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003