Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen at Mercedes-Benz of Guildford for an experienced Parts Supervisor.
Mercedes-Benz of Guildford forms part of the Sandown Motor Group and has over 30 years of experience, selling and servicing Mercedes-Benz cars. A privately owned group the Sandown name has an immensely proud heritage with Mercedes-Benz and means that they are experts in this iconic brand. Their simple goal is to deliver the most outstanding service from each of their sites in Guildford, Basingstoke, Poole, Dorchester, Salisbury, Hindhead, Epsom, Farnborough, and Newbury.
The Parts Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the site has the right parts mix and inventory level to meet demand for servicing, repairs, and sales to third parties. By maintaining an efficient parts operation, the Parts Supervisor makes an important contribution to productivity, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
You and your team are also responsible for the receipt of all parts orders, ensuring they are accurately interpreted and promptly picked and despatched for retail, trade, and internal/ workshop customers.
- Responsible for assisting in the recruitment, supervision, and development of the Parts Team. Ensuring employees have the right level of product knowledge to provide great service to internal and external customers.
- Ensure the Parts Department receive all parts orders, interpreting customer requirements and providing advice on any additional requirements or prices. Matching orders against stock items and advising customer of any items which are not stocked or need ordering.
- Locate unavailable items from other suppliers and arrange for delivery or pass order to stock control for Vehicle Off Road (V.O.R.) orders to be raised.
- To make up customer orders for despatch as required ensuring they match customer order, and any shortages are highlighted. Ensuring that all orders taken are fully completed, invoiced, and despatched as scheduled ensuring the customer is kept fully informed of progress or of any problems.
- Ensure all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, referring any unresolved problems to the After Sales Manager.
- Ensure that within their area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health, and safety are adhered to.
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure the Mercedes-Benz experience is always delivered to all contacts.
Mercedes-Benz of Guildford are looking for someone who is keen to take on a new challenge with a brand that is at the forefront of technology and innovation. You will have worked in a similar role within the motor trade previously, have fantastic customer service skills and ideally a technical understanding. You will have experience of using Kerridge automotive computer system or similar and have high levels of attention to detail.
You will need a full driving licence.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:00 – 18:00, and Saturday 0800 – 1300 on a rota basis (1 in 3 Saturdays).
Basic Salary £35,000 plus bonus OTE £41,000 per annum plus lots of benefits including the most up to date training offered by the manufacturer, life assurance and staff discounts.
When applying please include a full current CV, we will be in touch to advise if your application will be progressed through to the next stage. The Riverside Resourcing & Consultancy recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UK legislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we are only able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Managing your data
We care about your personal data. The General Data Protection Regulation provides you with more control and by applying to us, we consider this to be an agreement to process your personal data in support of our recruitment and selection process. Your application data is held within our secure applicant tracking system through hireful - you will be given access to a candidate zone in this system where you can monitor and manage your application and see status updates. We will communicate with you, by email or phone, throughout the recruitment process so that we can keep you updated and inform you of your application progress.