Vospers has been the home of motoring in the south west for over 70 years and our success is built by and through our people. We have over 550 talented staff across our various sites throughout the West country; at its heart Vospers is still very much a family company.
We are proud that so many of our people stay with us and develop their careers at Vospers over the long term. Over 100 of our staff have completed between 10 and 40-years' service with the company.
As a Transaction Manager you will be working in our Ford Team based at our Marsh Mills, Plymouth site. The main purpose of a Transaction Manager is to assist with the sales volumes for retail and Motability, profit control and activity within the sales force, ensuring each customer receives exemplary customer service. Additionally, the Transaction Manager will help assist the Sales Manager in the successful running of the department.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Desking & stacking of deals
- Sales Volumes
- Profit & deal control including sale of finance
- Activity Management, including administration and information
- Customer service management
- Comply with all Financial Services Authority (FCA) requirements
- Accountable for the Ford showroom when the Sales Manager is out of office
Our Transaction Manager should be able to match relevant products to the needs of our customer, whilst presenting both applicable features and benefits of each product including add-on products, through maintaining a working knowledge of brand quality standards and maintaining control of all negotiations to successfully close to maximize both metal and financial profit.
Experience in the Motor trade is preferred but not essential, however experience in a Local Business Development Corporate Sales/ Fleet Sales/ Business User/ Business Centre/ B2B Sales role, with a proven track record working with finance, fleet or leasing, would be desirable. We would expect our Transaction Manager to also demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills, verbally on the telephone and face- to-face.
- Professional, well organized, punctual & flexible.
- Driven to deliver results combined with the patience required to achieve this through medium and long term relationship building.
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Confident with IT/Finance software packages, and the ability to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Full UK (clean) Driving Licence
- Completion of Vospers FCA training programme and pass six monthly FCA re-assessments
Hours of Work
42 hours per week
Monday to Friday (day off in the week) and working on Saturdays
£25,000 per annum plus bonus for achieving sales (OTE)
Vospers Motor House, Ford, Marsh Mills, Longbridge Road Plymouth, PL6 8AY
- A competitive salary with competitive bonus scheme
- Vospers holiday accrual scheme - starts at 30 days (including bank holidays) per annum pro rata and increases with length of service
- A day off for your birthday
- Half-day paid leave on Christmas Eve
- Paid sick & compassionate leave
- Paid jury service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Vospers Exclusive motoring discounts
- Staff discounts scheme including discounted gym membership, shopping, eating out and much more
- Bike to work scheme
- Loyalty and long service awards
- Staff & Customer referral scheme
For some roles, you may also be entitled to:
- A company car
- Bonus & commission schemes
- Death in service cover
- Private healthcare