Our manufacturer approved prestige HGV/LCV repairer seeks a WORKSHOP CONTROLLER/MANAGER, responsible for the organisation control and service capability of the entire workshop.
As the interface between the workshop and the customer department you will ensure that process and procedures are followed with the aim of smooth, professional and timely handling of all diagnostic, repair and maintenance work whilst maximising the available workshop hours.
You therefore are responsible for customer satisfaction and for the economic success of Service.
Duties will include
- Accepting workshop orders and transfer and communicate work instructions to the Technicians, including any specific customer requirements
- Workshop Scheduling
- Ensuring information flow between the front desk and Service staff
- Diagnostics, including supporting the Technicians to the point of concluding the job
- To assist with planning and relevant training and development for the workshop staff
- To ensure the workshop is kept clean and tidy and that all workshop staff are observing health and safety regulations
Essential Skills and Experience
- Trained and certified Technician in an automotive service profession
- Experience as an Automotive Foreman or leadership/Management experience/qualification
- Experience leading employees and technical teams
- Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers
- Extensive knowledge of the operational running of a workshop
- Competent in customer contact
A competitive salary package is on offer and ongoing career prospects
kream motor recruitment is a motor trade-specific recruitment agency based in Exeter covering the whole of the south west, specialising in permanent vacancies in franchised motor dealers. Please visit our website to view all of our current vacancies.