AM has seen a document prepared by Jaguar, in which it encourages owners of its new cars to make Jaguar Assistance their first port of call following an accident, not their insurer. The brochure is headlined “Don’t let your insurance company turn an accident into a catastrophe”.
Inside, it reminds drivers that they may legally choose who repairs their vehicle, and that Jaguar Assistance will put them in touch with their nearest Jaguar Authorised Body and Paint Centre. It includes a punch-out Jaguar Assistance card for owners to keep in their vehicle.
The brochure explains: “If you’re unlucky enough to have an accident leaving your jaguar in need of repairs, your first instinct might be to call your insurance company.
“Our concern is that whilst you’ll be looking to see your car returned to its original condition quickly and painlessly, they’ll be looking to get the work done at the best possible price.
That may be good news for your insurer, but is it necessarily good news for your Jaguar?”
The brochure lists six reasons why owners should insist on Jaguar-approved repairs:
1. Jaguar-approved technicians know your car inside out
2. The best, most appropriate parts will be used in any repair work
3. Jaguar Authorised Body and Paint Centres have the equipment and facilities to reinstate your car to the standard it was built to
4. You’ll receive a certificate guaranteeing the work
5. You’ll receive the exceptional levels of Jaguar service and customer care you’ve come to expect
6. With Jaguar Authorised Body and Paint Centres everywhere in the UK, there’s always one nearby