AM Online

Honda in end of life recycling agreement

Honda (UK) has reached an agreement with Autogreen to provide End of Life Vehicle processing and dismantling services for Honda vehicles.

The agreement ensures Honda (UK) meets its responsibilities under the European End of Life Vehicle Directive and also means the last owners of its cars will be able to have them disposed of for no charge.

End of Life vehicles returned to the Autogreen network will be de-polluted in line with DEFRA and DTI Guidelines. Parts and other components will then be removed for recycling and reuse. Honda and Autogreen will work together to recycle, reuse and recover 85% of vehicle weight, leaving only 15% to go to landfill.

Autogreen will also be offering this service to Honda’s production plant at Swindon.

The Autogreen network will be in place from January 1 along with the commitment to 85% recovery and recycling of the vehicle.

The free take-back service will be available at any of Autogreen’s authorised treatment centres from January 1, 2007.



If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.