Following its successful Golden Garages campaign that saw 9,000 members of the public vote for thousands of garages across the country, Motor Codes has compiled a selection of top tips for being the best.
“Standing out from the crowd by surprising and delighting customers is a great business tool and a key part of improving the industry’s reputation,” said Chris Mason, Motor Codes director.
Motor Codes top tips for customer care:
• Agree work required with the customer and check before starting additional jobs.
• Set a price and payment method, don’t change these without customer authorisation.
• Encourage technicians to talk to customers to build personal relationships.
• Don’t charge for small/easy jobs to generate goodwill and trust.
• Contact every customer after a few days to ensure maximum satisfaction.
• Monitor customer feedback and act on it to make improvements.
• Offer a loyalty bonus to encourage repeat business and develop relationships.
• Continually improve your business by discussing operational issues with staff and customers.
• Turn any complaint into a positive result to retain customers.