Hyundai UK appoints new aftersales director

Hyundai has appointed Nick Tunnell as its new aftersales director.

Tunnell currently holds the position of aftersales commercial manager at Hyundai and replaces Graham Lightfoot who has taken up a new role at Porsche Cars GB.

Starting on October 1, Tunnell will oversee all of Hyundai Motor UK’s operations in aftersales, commercial, technical, customer services, warranty and the aftersales field team.

Tunnell said: "Hyundai has grown rapidly into a genuine mainstream automotive manufacturer and I am looking forward to developing and enhancing the quality of Hyundai’s aftersales operations, particularly around the customer experience."

He will be based at Hyundai Motor UK’s head office in High Wycombe and will report directly to president and CEO Tony Whitehorn.

Click here for talent & people best practice and procurement insight

Comments

• Ian Weatherhead - 02/05/2013 16:13

owner of hyundai i30 EJ 10 ZLX very poor after sales service, has been in one of your service centres for 3DAYS with engine cut out problem whilst driving , fault panel tells me particle filter blocked, but on test tells engineer its clean on test.HAVE YOU GOT A QUALIFIED ENGINEER WHO CAN SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT because at the moment it does not look as if you have. Whats my next step the MD come on lets see what you can do.I am a 76 year old veteran and I am sure I could better than your men at the moment. Look forward to your reply. Thank you

• Martin Selwood - 15/07/2013 22:18

I watched the program about Hyundai this evening which I found interesting. I've recently bought an i20 which I'm delighted with. your advertising on TV however is putrid. Anyone buying a new car looks for appearance, reliability, economy, efficiency, comfort, power, not necessarily in that order. Ask those buying a new car what they look for - not waves of water Children, laughing, etc. Look at the facts to sell your cars.

• K ARGIRIS - 22/09/2013 17:09

STOLEN SPARE WHEEL

• Gary Le Brocq - 13/11/2013 16:48

My i20 has been waiting for parts for over three weeks. My dealer based in Jersey appears NOT interested in dealing with my problem. The car is under guarantee. They say, they have ordered the rear near side lock. But when I spoke to the service dept; female [Emma] she had no idea, what was going on. Also she promised to return my call within one hour.. Still waiting.

• Ian Hutchison - 25/01/2014 20:33

I bought a brand new Hyundai ix35 SL12 HXS from a franchise. Straight away I encountered the following problems, water in the fuel system, blistering paint, replacement rear window which was out of alignment, chipped paint caused whilst in for repair and a new seatbelt housing! For the third time my car has been in the workshops in the hope of identifying a water leak, this time for 7 weeks! Today they've rebuilt the inside, tested it and........it's still leaking. The senior case manager, Gary Smart is going to make a decision on Monday, 27/1/14 as to wether they are going to come up and inspect it or take it down there. I have told Mr Smart that I reject the car due to it not being fixed within a reasonable time and that it is the third time in the workshops with the same fault and it's still not fixed, he said I do not meet the criteria to reject the car! Can you tell me what the criteria is and your thoughts on if this is acceptable and good PR for a reputable company?

• Maurice and Pat Westley - 23/02/2014 13:02

We have a Hyundai IX20 ,for the last 9 months we have had an intermittent fault with the rear sensors,we have taken it back to our local dealers several times,they have replaced one sensor To no avail,the problem persists ,customer service are of no use what so ever they just expect us to keep returning it to the dealer whenever it happens,which of corse is totally impractical .WHY can you not replace all 4 sensors,and rectify this annoying fault. We are afraid that we are not at all happy with Hyundais so called customer service.

• Maurice and Pat Westley - 23/02/2014 13:06

• Thomas Healy - 23/02/2014 21:38

Hyundai need to look after the Customer not be rude to them on the phone, I have been told not to phone up about my car the dealer will phone me. Returned after new starter motor would not start car paid In full now I do not know when I will get my car back.

• Thomas Healy - 25/02/2014 15:12

What a joke Hyundai Customer Service Is. It sounds like CUSTOMER SERVICE are there to cover up the Dealers Mistakes, It has been confirmed the Starter Motor I Paid £190.00 for Is Faulty, after 4 days a replacement will be ordered and fitted. as far as my £50.00 rescue costs I will have to get in touch with (Dare I Say It) Customer Service Hyundai. God Help Us.

• JEAN PERRINS - 06/05/2014 11:46

After sales service at the Macclesfield branch is non-existent, I was told lies and the Head Office are not interested. The only important thing to Hyundai is the sale. I am asked all the time what I think of Hyundai - They have lost many potential sales.

• nel Williams - 16/07/2014 13:34

I bought a Hyundai I30 on the 3 Jul 14 from Wessex garages Penarth Rd Cardiff. I researched Hyundai I30's before I committed to buying and believed I was getting a reliable car with the remainder of the 5 year warranty left. Wessex garages advertised a 30 day exchange policy if I wasn't happy with my car and also prided them selves on their excellent service. What a joke, a day after receiving my car I noted it was only doing 40 mpg urban instead of the 54.3 mpg Wessex garages claimed. I notified them immediately and am currently arguing with them as they have point blank refused to honour their exchange policy claiming poor fuel economy is not a reason they would accept a request to exchange the car. I'm sickened and deeply saddened by the attitude of Wessex garages.and dearly regret ever having purchased a vehicle from them. I will be spreading the word to everyone how disgusting Wessex garages service is and how totally rubbish my Hyundai I30 is........com

• Terry lafferty - 14/04/2015 20:45

Hi nick congratulations on your new appointment,I have just purchased a secondhand ix35 and love the car.My concerns are what I have been reading on line about fuel filter blocking and cars breaking down on motorways.Are you aware of this ? Other than this concern I am very happy with purchase but live in fear of this happening to me.Could you put my mind at ease and confirm Hyundai are remedying this problem.i also read Kia are having the same problem,I know this is nothing to do with you but my daughter has just purchased a sportage and are owned by Hyundai.looking forward to any information you can give thanks.