New managing director for Fiat Group UK

Steve Zanlunghi will take over from Andrew Humberstone as managing director of Fiat Group Automobiles UK on August 1.

Humberstone is leaving the UK after heading the group for the last five years to pursue other opportunities within the group abroad.

Zanlunghi most recently held the role of director, Chrysler Group Mid-Atlantic regional business center, responsible for all sales, marketing, network development, service and parts operations.

The Mid-Atlantic regional network included 275 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram dealers, and 20 Fiat brand dealers in the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington DC.

Private retail sales in the region averaged more than 120,000 new cars per year and increased 57% during his nearly three year tenure.

Since relinquishing this post in May, Zanlunghi has been working in sales and commercial operations at Fiat’s head office in Turin.

Zanlunghi said: “Every market I’ve worked in has been unique.

“I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead and further growing our business in the UK market.”

Click here for talent & people best practice and procurement insight

Comments

• E A Allen - 31/10/2012 11:13

I would like to write to the managing director, please would you give me an address?

• staci feechan - 15/11/2012 17:35

dear sir, iam contacting you reguarding a common flaw on my fiat punto grande i have had numerous issues with the opening and closing of both door sides i find this very frustrating as i do have a baby at 10 months at one side and a toddler at another and like today i could not get to my baby due to the door being stuck closed. i was told by a fiat dealer this was a common flaw with the grandes i dont understand why these cars have not been recalled with this problem. i spoke to customer services and they said with me being without my warranty i would have to cover costs which i find appauling especially as it will happen again in due course. with one of my doors being jammed at the moment it is now a problem and is a fire and health hazzard, I would appreciate if u could contact me personally reguarding this issue and where to go from here if i do not get this resolved i will then have to speak to trading standards . youre sincerely s. feechan I await your reply

• SEEMA JAIN - 03/12/2012 06:22

I HAVE PURACHED A FIAT PUNTO ON 28/9/2011 , MY CAR HAD MET WITH AN ACCIDENT ON 31/7/2012 CAR IS GIVEN FOR REPARING TO A.K GANDHI NAGPUR BUT TILL DATE I HAVE NOT RECD MY CAR AND ALSO NOT REPARED AS IT SHLD BE ITS LOOK IS MORE WOST .& AFTER COMPLAINGING TO THEM I GOT A REPLY FROM THERE EMPLOYEE THE WILL NOT BE REPAIRED MORE THEN THIS IS THIS ANSWER I SHLD AXPECT N SHALL I TAKE THE CAR IN SAME CONDINTION? MY CAR NO IS MH-31-DV-3821

• janet edwards - 05/12/2012 11:07

I need to contact the MD of fiat group in the uk,do you have n address please.

• val woolger - 29/01/2013 18:48

I should like to write about what appears to be a tech fault in Punto Easy 1.4 Please may I have M.D address. Thank you

• Gareth Wharmby - 20/03/2013 23:24

Please can I have your address to write to.

• Roger Peat - 20/04/2013 09:26

Hi can anyone tell me why our wheel bearings on our Fiat Ducato motor home needs replacing after 20k lots of people are having this trouble WHY? We are off to Scotland soon and its a good job our local garage found the noise coming from the front (wheel bearings) Please let us know opinions on this. Many thanks

• val woolger - 20/04/2013 22:14

My punto easy's battery cannot supply enough for stop start facility to work and have the heater on at same time.The front lights power dip too. I think car should be made able to use both functions. Have to go to hassle of taking car back as bluetooth doesnt work.(a big selling point for me} aagh!

• swarup mukherjee - 06/06/2013 05:20

Sir ,I am from India.I purchase Fiat Punto near 3 year back .From the starting I am upset regarding Fiat India Service team.

• patricia moloney - 21/09/2013 11:48

I brought a brand new fiat in march this year for glyn hopkin limited in milton keynes even before we drove it off the forecourt we were have problems with it since then the 2 front seats have fallen apart the only customer care we are getting is you have to contact customer service the manager phil refuses to take are calls we spent over £14,000 on this car and have been loyal customers to fiat over the last 4years spending over £20,0000 with you is this relly how you treat your customers I how have been forced into legal action due to the unprofessional way your manager phil has treat us has I type this a sign is being made to put in the back of my rubbish car telling people what has happened and there are now than welcome to look at the condition of the front seats of a car that is only 7 months old and as only done 5,000 miles please note this is not the only problem with this car

• Mr Robert Denne - 08/05/2014 16:23

Having purchased a Fiat 500 in 2011 from Thames Motor group in Tunbridge Wells I have been advised by them that the Engine Block is v b corroded .and that I need a "New Engine" the car is still under warrantee. I am requesting a New Car from Fiat as this is not what I expect from a car that is only 2 years old and has only done 15,000 miles