Volvo’s approved used car programme Selekt has seen just 0.1% of customers return cars to dealers as part of its 100% satisfied policy.
If a customer is dissatisfied with their car for whatever reason within 30 days or 1,500 miles driving, whichever comes first, Volvo dealers offering the Selekt approved used cars will exchange the car for another of equivalent value.
The scheme has recently been extended to now include vehicles up to seven years old as long as they have travelled less than 100,000 miles.
Extending the scheme to older vehicles will help Volvo dealers capture more customers that might have previously been priced out of considering a used car from the brand.
Bruce Greenwood, VCUK used car programme manage, told AM: “The scheme boosts confidence for customers, but it also helps to improve and focus processes at the dealership too.
“The Volvo Selekt cars are high quality vehicles but dealers are also focusing on making sure customers are totally satisfied and matched with the right car before purchasing.”
Greenwood said stocks of Volvo Selekt vehicles were healthy, with around 3,000 units available at any one time, which equates to approximately 30 units per Volvo dealership.
The Volvo Selekt cars:
- Are under seven years old and have travelled less than 100,000 miles
- Have a full service history and have been checked by an authorised Volvo technician
- Are prepared to Volvo standards with over 100 checks and a software upgrade
- Have a comprehensive 12 month unlimited mileage warranty
- MoT Test Warranty for up to £750 of repairs
- Are covered by Volvo's European roadside assistance package for 12 months
- Come with a 30-day or 1500 mile exchange guarantee