Mazda has launched a new Facebook marketing campaign centrered on figures throughout history that have challenged convention, which is the brand’s new strap line.
Running now until March 10, the campaign features a series of filmed interviews with 10 ‘Real Challengers’ who have defied convention through demonstrations of outstanding courage, determination or innovation across the very broadest spectrum of human endeavour.
Presented by former Welsh Rugby player and South Pole adventurer, Richard Parks, the first five Real Challengers films will go live on a new Mazda Facebook App within Mazda UK’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MazdaUK) and on Mazda UK’s YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/MazdaUK) and will feature:
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes – The world’s greatest explorer
- Johnson Beharry VC – The only living recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Beardyman – Beatboxer and inventor of the Beardytron 5000
- Sam Coniff – Founder of Livity and Youth Mentor social change programmes
- Thomasina Miers – Founder of Wahaca Mexican street-food chain
The remaining five films will go live between 25th February and 7th March, and will feature:
- Jane Couch – The first professional female boxer
- David Braben – Co-inventor of the Raspberry Pi
- Dwayne Fields – Former gang-member turned explorer
- Jon Earp – Founder of Mission Motorsport
- Gilo Cardoza – Inventor and aviation pioneer
Mazda’s Facebook community will then be asked to choose between one of two challenges to be performed by Richard Parks himself at the close of the campaign -skeleton bobsleighing or a ‘graffiti challenge with help from the community’ type of activity, a film of which will be shown on March 31.
Participants must use the new Mazda Facebook App to vote for Richard’s challenge, and this will automatically enter them in a draw giving one of them the opportunity to own a new Mazda3 for a year. Entry is through the Mazda UK Facebook page on the ‘Mazda Real Challengers’ tab, accessed via Facebook or http://www.mazdarealchallengers.co.uk.