Dekra has released its top 10 tips for franchise dealers to achieve new car sales success in a “tough and competitive” year.
The vehicle inspections specialist has been working closely with franchised dealers to optimise sales opportunities and has created its top ten sales methods, based on “insider knowledge”.
The list aims to help dealers avoid potential pitfalls and ensure sales success in the showroom and Dekra’s strategy director Alex Underwood said that it was clear that dealers "who know their product, respond quickly, succinctly and in a straightforward manner are far more likely to sell a car to the new tech savvy group of car buyers".
Underwood added: "Training is key to this as 40% of employees who receive poor training will leave that company within a year. Those dealers that provide thorough training and a fast response will guarantee sales success in the modern car showroom.”
The research has been collated by Dekra who have direct involvement with dealers and market research of new car sales customers and prospects.
Dekra's top ten findings, which it believes will inform retailers' processes, are:
10. 94 % of new car shoppers conduct on line research before buying. Customers expect the dealer to be as well informed as they are about the product!
9. 70% of millennials cite technical innovation and infotainment as “must haves” in purchasing a car.
8. Research shows that up to 50% of car sales go to the dealer who responds first.
7. Four times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.
6. 32% of buyers post a review now on social media. 67% look at reviews before buying.
5. 75% of millennials would rather communicate with a car dealer digitally than talk to someone. (by 2020 Millennials will make up 40% of the new car marke
4. 87% of customers dislike something about car shopping at dealerships. Over 50% of new car shoppers feel anxious or uncomfortable at dealerships.
3. Over half of consumers would pay a premium to buy from a dealer that offers their preferred experience.
2. Only a third of buyers want to talk to a salesperson about a product.
1. A dealer who responds within 1 minute of an on-line enquiry is 390% more likely to convert the lead to sale.